Tuesday 31 March 2015

Photographic Journalists- Corey Arnold

Corey Arnold is a photojournalist who is mainly dedicated to capturing fisherman at work.
 

                                         

Corey was one of the fisherman's in the Bering Sea, at the time when jobs were scarce and he took his pictures during breaks and when storms began, his photos were then published as a monograph by Nazraeli press in 2011. 

I enjoyed the series of pictures as I found you got a real sense of what it's like to be a fisherman and their emotional journey they went through to catch these crabs.  I like how he captured the motion of the storms for example in the 3rd photo. Using a fast shutter speed meant he could capture the full blast of the wave against the fisherman and I found this very effective. I also like how the white background contrasts with the fisherman's suit, this makes him stand out and become the focal point of the image. The second image shows how many crabs do get caught and you can almost see the relief in the man's face that they caught enough which I think is important to tell a story behind the image. I also liked the dark ages around the main image to give a better focal point of the crabs which also focuses the detail of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment