Thursday 12 March 2015

Andrew Hobbs

Hobbs is a commercial photographer and does shoots for magazines. Even though I don't want to produce commercial style portraits, I like his style of lighting and how he asks his subjects to stand.


I really like the photo above due to the shadows produced by her hair across he face, it makes the shot more detailed and interesting. I also like the way he's represented his model as she is looking straight into the camera and on top of that she's standing towards the camera with her body facing it; this suggests that he's representing women powerful this is also further reinforced by her being the only one in the shot. I also like the contrast of the model compared to the background. As she is being lit by warm side lighting which enables a glowing feel the darkness of the background becomes more significant as it's hard to see what is behind her.

No comments:

Post a Comment