Wednesday 25 February 2015

Found Object Final

Here is my first draft final triptych for the found object project:
The last straw standing

I have decided to use the same objects in each picture and then re-organise them into an almost story telling order showing how at first you are strangers then the connection and then the loss.
     The triptych was taken on a white background which is creased, I decided to keep the background creased to show and reinforce the dirtiness of the objects (as I found them on the floor) by not having a  perfectly pristine image. Furthermore I also added the black and white filter to add to the'dirty' effect in the triptych.
      I also tried to include strong shadows which formed on the white background, I decided this after I researched into still life photography. I liked the way how objects stand out even more when there is a shadow behind them. I feel as if the shadows have worked well within the images as they have added to the overall tone and enhanced the objects, as the shadows are so prominent. 
     I feel as if the third image is the least strong as it is not entirely in focus compared to the other two images, I think I could've focused the 'VK' bottle top better which would've made the whole image stronger as a three. I like the middle image the best as I think the gleam one the top of the straws are a good focal point for the whole image as a three. I also think the middle image has the best shadow as it's just off the middle which can be easily seen by the viewer. The bottle top is also in a prime position to be seen and it is lit up due to the direction of the light being directly aimed towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment